Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Visit to Portland

Aaron had a conference in San Antonio last week, so rather than sit at home alone, Hannah and I took a trip to Portland.  I've been dying to see my sister Lisa and her new baby, and the rest of my family was conveniently visiting at the same time (minus the Kimballs), so it was perfect.  

I can't describe in words how fun this trip was, so this will be mostly a picture post (with only a few of the millions I took).  My favorite things were just talking, playing games, and being together.

Lisa and me with our babes.

Could he be any cuter?!?  (The answer is no.)

Holding Baby Grey for the first time.

Hannah meeting her newest cousin.

Hanging out with the uncles.

Playing the piano with Uncle Steven.

My favorite little sister.  Look at her long hair!

Lisa made us delicious pizza.  Matt is the grill master.

One of the nights we went out to the Rose Gardens.  We explored the gardens and played a little tennis among the roses.

At the Rose Garden.


My mama and me.

The tennis players.

On Thursday, we drove out to Cannon Beach.  I love the quaint town and all of the little shops.  We shopped around for a bit, got some lunch at Mo's, and took a stroll on the beach.


Our message to Aaron.  It was so windy and cold!

Hannah loved the tide pools.

Haystack Rock


Trying to keep from freezing.

Later we went to Lake Oswego, which is just a few minutes from Matt and Lisa's house.  It was so beautiful and clear and it was the perfect night.  We took a picnic, let Hannah play at the park, and the boys played ping pong.

Hannah and me by the lake.  She was trying her best to jump in.





Hannah loved the playground.

Picnic by the lake.

Playing at the park with Uncle Nath.

Friday was our last day there.  It was so hard to say goodbye.  I'm so grateful to be part of such a wonderful family.  My parents and siblings are my very best friends.  We really missed Aaron and Dave and Heidi and their girls and I can't wait for all of us to be together again.


Thanks for having us Lisa!  You are an amazing mom and you, Matt, and Grey are the cutest family!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I miss you guys so much already!!! Would you mind sending me all of your pics from the trip?

    ReplyDelete