Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2016 really snuck up on me!  As in, I think I only blogged twice in 2015.  Oops.  Good thing I am setting a goal to blog more this year.  I'm hoping it can become an every Sunday afternoon kind of thing.  

For New Years this year, we celebrated with a little party.  I almost let it go by as no big deal, but I remember being a kid and our neighbors always threw a FABULOUS New Years Eve party and wishing that my family could be like that.  So I decided we needed to be that family.  Not to say that our party was fabulous, but at least we had one.  I came up with a few last minute games (a picture scavenger hunt, picking up marshmallows with straws, saran wrap ball, and the flour game), we had our friends over for chocolate fondue (or "ondue" as Hannah kept calling it), and finished off our late night at 7:30 p.m. with a balloon drop.  And then Aaron and I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie during actual New Years because we're really exciting like that.  It was fun and simple and I'm glad we did it.  Hopefully next year, I can make it a little more fabulous.






Something we did though that I really liked was writing down some of our favorite parts of 2015 and what we're looking forward to in 2016.  Here's what we came up with:

Favorite Parts of 2015
  • Getting presents in Utah (Hannah)
  • Eating gelato (Hazel)
  • Getting a raise (Aaron)
  • Our cruise to the Bahamas
  • Utah trips
  • Visits from family and friends
  • Moving to our new house
  • Chuck-E-Cheese runs
  • Our first full year in California
  • The beach
  • Baby Wren and Baby Sammi being born

What We're Looking Forward to in 2016
  • The balloons! (Hannah)
  • The beach
  • Camping
  • Amanda serving a mission
  • Our new nephew Milo to be born
  • Steven and Emma getting married
  • BBQs
  • Turn Around being over for another year....maybe.
I am excited for 2016!  I am grateful we are in our new house, that my sweet little family is happy and relatively healthy, and that we already have so many good things to look forward to this year! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment