Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Peaks and Valleys

Valleys (let's get these over with)
  • Hannah and I have been sick for almost two weeks now.  I seriously think this is the worst cold I've ever had and I had some bad ones when I was teaching.  Nothing's worse than being sick, except for being sick and having a sick baby too.
  • Because of said sickness, I am sleep deprived.  Hannah has been sleeping like a newborn (as in, waking up every two hours), and after I finally get her back to sleep, the congestion settles in and I can't breathe.  Or sleep.
  • I had a cavity filled yesterday.  It was tiny and the whole process took less than 20 minutes, but I haven't had a cavity since elementary school and I was kind of a baby about it.  Try having someone's hands and a bunch of tools in your mouth when you can't breathe out of your nose.  Not so fun.
  • It’s finals week for Aaron.
  • I already wrote this post, but then blogger crashed and I had to start over.
Peaks
  • Aaron and I made an awesome gingerbread house for our date night last week.

  • It snowed! 
  • We had our ward Christmas party and Hannah sat on Santa’s lap without even crying, unlike most of the other kids there.
I love everything about this picture - from Aaron and I looking all hunched over and nerdy to Hannah pulling on Santa's beard to Santa eyeing Hannah suspiciously.  Ha ha!  Every time I see it, I can't stop laughing!

This one's a little more normal-ish.
  • Aaron’s work took us out to Tucano’s on Saturday.  Thanks to Brooke and Scott for watching Hannah for us.
  • Our friend, Carmen, was baptized and confirmed!  We’ve been praying for this for a long time.
  • About three months after Hannah was born, my hair started falling out at a shocking rate and I was worried I’d need a wig by Christmas.  But I think the hair loss is starting to slow down.  Kind of.  This may be more of hopeful wishing than actual truth.
  • The cute old man who was in front of me in line at the grocery store jokingly tried to buy some bananas with a very real-looking fake $100 bill.  He then told me about all the pranks he’s pulled on waitresses.  He thought he was very funny.  I thought he was pretty funny too.
  • I bought milk today with the expiration date of December 25.  It’s almost Christmas!  My milk even says so.


2 comments:

  1. You are funny and I like your blog! So glad to see you happy with your cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving us a peek into your lives...even though we are far away.

    ReplyDelete