Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thoughts on the Election



I know that there has been so much said about the election, the last thing you want to do is read one more thing.  But I feel like I need to get this off my chest so that I can get on with life.

I’m really bummed.  I really wanted Mitt Romney to win.  Not because I’m a Mormon.  Not even because I’m a Republican.  But because I feel that Mitt Romney is a good, hardworking man who really cares about America.  I feel that his experience would have helped our country’s economy turn around.  I feel that what Mitt has to offer was what our country needed.  And I am afraid at where our country is going.

That being said, I have been so disappointed by what I’ve been seeing on facebook today.  I’ve seen people post their opinions only to be attacked by others who disagree, who are then insulted right back.  Do I believe that everyone is entitled to free speech?  Yes.  Absolutely.  Do I believe that we should stand up for what is right?  Again, yes.  Absolutely.  But do I believe that we get anywhere or accomplish anything with nasty, hateful arguments?  No.  Not at all. 

After a long campaign, this is a time when Americans need to come together.

‎"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations." – Abraham Lincoln

God bless America!

On the bright side, I clean when I’m upset.  My apartment looks awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree.. I feel like facebook is a mess today. There are so many hateful comments. Thanks for your thoughts. You're awesome!! P.S. I clean when I'm upset too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Feeling the exact same as you...though I haven't cleaned my apartment yet. Maybe that'll help me feel better.

    ReplyDelete