Thursday, July 11, 2013

I am a Mormon

Today I had a doctor's appointment, my first one here in California.  I'm not sure if it's a California thing or it was just my doctor, but she asked me about 7,000 questions ranging from the ages of my parents to how many children I plan on having.  Our interview went something like this...

Dr:  Do you or have you ever smoked?
Me:  No.
Dr:  Do you drink?
Me:  No.
Dr:  Drugs?
Me:  No.
Dr:  How many siblings do you have?
Me:  Five.
Dr:  Wow!  That is a HUGE family!
Me:  Yeah...
Dr:  Do you want a big family?
Me:  I do.
Dr:  How many kids do you want?
Me:  Uh...I don't know....four or five?
Dr:  Really?!?  That is a BIG family in today's day and age!
Me:  Yeah...
Dr:  How many kids do you have?
Me:  Just one so far.
Dr:  Are you married?
Me:  Yes!
Dr:  How long have you been married?
Me:  Two and half years.
Dr:  REALLY??  You're only 24 right?
Me:  Yeah....

....and our interview went on like this for quite some time.  I was trying really hard not to laugh.  Finally she said, "I'm not quite sure how to ask this, but are you a Mormon?"

I was proud to say that I am and asked how she could tell.  She said I seemed really happy and put together and that all of the Mormons she knew seemed that way.  I wish I had said, "And you can be one too!  Here's a Book of Mormon!"

But I didn't.

But I did tell her that I love being a Mormon and that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings me so much peace and happiness.

I'm so proud to be a Mormon.  Being here in California has helped me realize just how blessed I am to have the gospel in my life.  I know that God lives and that He loves us.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I know that I can be with my family forever if I keep my covenants.  I am a Mormon and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment