Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall Decor Tour


Since becoming a stay-at-home mom, I have tried to become more "domestic."  Part of this includes making a more concerted effort at keeping our apartment clean, comfortable, and a place where the Spirit can be, as well as making it more warm and inviting.  So today I thought I’d show a little of what I’ve done.  I have a couple of disclaimers though:  1. We live in a tiny apartment that may or may not have birds living in the ceiling.  (I take that back – we do have birds living in the ceiling.  I’m sure they’ll fly south any day now.)  2.  With Aaron in school, my home décor budget is pretty much non-existent, so I’ve had to be creative.  3.  I am not a designer.  The design experience I’ve had has been with bulletin boards in my classroom.  So please don’t judge. 

It’s not much but here we go….



Paper fans made out of scrapbook paper I already had.  They’re super easy to make and if you add a nice button, they actually look kind of pretty. 




What says fall like gourds and pumpkins?  I plunked a few down on top of the entertainment center and voila! - it's fall in the Bytheway home.  Flags were also made out of scrapbook paper.


More gourds on the book shelf.


Say hello to our orange and brown couch.  I know it’s Halloween meets gunny sack, but it was generously donated to us and I have to admit, it’s extremely comfy.  Unless you’re pregnant.  Then it’s like being a beach ball stuck in a folding chair.  But that’s beside the point.  I show you the infamous orange and brown couch because this is the one time of year that it actually sort of goes with anything.  I have to enjoy this moment.

I'd love to hear the decorating ideas of all you people.

No comments:

Post a Comment