Monday, October 29, 2012

Consider the Blessings


So last week I had a very bad day.  You know, one of those days where nothing goes right and it’s hard to feel happy about anything.  We all have them.  (At least, I hope I’m not the only one.)  My attitude got progressively worse.  I started with questions like “Why does the weather have to be so crummy?” which escalated to “Why does my Aaron have to be in school, with such hard classes, and working such long hours, so that Hannah and I hardly ever get to see him?” and ended with “Why is life so hard?”  Pretty soon, I was throwing a full out pity party for myself.

So I got online and read this.  

And watched this:

(You should watch it too.)

And I felt a lot better.  And a lot more humble.

And realized how incredibly and unbelievably blessed I have been.  As I “took an inventory” of my life, I recognized that everything, even the hard things, even the bad things, have led me to this point in my life.  And this point is exactly where I want to be.  

So from now until Thanksgiving (I know we’re still a few days off from November.  If the radio can get away with playing Christmas music for two months, I can do this.), I am challenging myself to write about one thing I am grateful for each day.  I challenge you to do it too.

Today, I’m grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who allows us to change, who doesn’t give up on us when we’re selfish and ungrateful, and who gently leads us to become more than we are.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I needed to see that today. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete