Monday, June 24, 2013

Plan C

Like I said before, I wanted Aaron's first Father's Day to be special.  I wanted to do something, not just give him something, and I wanted it to be something he wouldn't expect.  So I thought what could be better than a Father's Day date, something for just the two of us to do?  There are so many things to do here in the Bay Area and when Maria offered to baby-sit, I couldn't pass it up.  

My first idea was to give Aaron wind surfing lessons.  We see a lot of wind surfers out from the Benicia waterfront and he always talks about how he would love to learn.  Unfortunately, the cost of a one hour lesson was a lot more than my Father's Day budget, so next I decided on kayaking the bay.  The man at the kayaking rental place said to call just a few days in advance to reserve, so I was set.  I told Aaron to reserve the Saturday before Father's Day for a special surprise and was ready to be hailed as the best wife ever.  When I called the Thursday before to pre-pay, however, I came to find out that all of their kayaks were booked for months.  I was so bummed.  Not only was I Father's Day gift-less, but I had talked up my big surprise to Aaron for weeks.  Luckily, Maria had the great idea of biking the Golden Gate.  It ended up being the perfect date and you would never have known it was Plan C.


 My trusty steed.

We stopped to buy "sweaters" (no one knew what we were talking about when we called them sweatshirts) because we're crazy Utahns and expect Summer to be warm or something.

We considered getting a tandem but I'm glad we did regular bikes.  We were able to ride next to each other and talk the whole time.



 My favorite picture of the day.


We got some chowder at the wharf on our way back.  So good!

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment: