Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hazel Mae - 8 Months


Wow, I cannot believe how fast time is flying!  8 months already and you get more fun every single day!

One of my favorite things that you just started doing is reaching your arms out to me when you want me to pick you up.  You never cry or even whine when you do it; just reach out your arms and give me a big smile.  It is the most adorable thing and it is pretty much impossible to resist.   Thanks for making me feel so loved!

You are such a water baby!  You splash so much in the tub that usually Daddy and I are just as wet as you and Hannah.  You like to scoot all over the tub to get your toys and of course, play with your big sister.  I think you're going to love the pool this summer.


Your favorite toy is a little bunny stuffed animal.  It's actually Hannah's but she's not really interested in it unless you want it.  I sneak it to you whenever Hannah isn't looking.  :)

You're not crawling yet, but you are so close.  You can go backwards but when you go forwards, you give up after one or two crawl to lay on your tummy and kick your legs as hard as you can.  You can go between being on your back to tummy to crawling position to sitting really well and like I said in the last post, even without crawling, you get wherever you want.  You are super flexible and sit in the "splits" position all the time.



You are 26.5 inches long and weigh just over 18 pounds.


You are such a snuggler and I think you would live in the Ergo if I let you.  Lately, I've been wearing you on my back and you love being able to see forward but still be with me.  You love going for walks and being outside.


You're kind of hit and miss with solids.  At the beginning of the month, you loved eating table food cut up really small.and would eat just about anything I gave you - carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, black beans, bananas, etc. but you haven't been so excited about them lately.  You're good at self feeding - picking up, chewing, and swallowing, though, so maybe this is just a little phase.

You've been sleeping so much better.  (Thank you!)  You're still up once or twice to nurse, but I can handle that.


You have definitely found your voice!  You love to squeal, screech, and yell, and you love it when Hannah will do it back to you.  You're constantly babbling - bah-bah, ma-ma-ma, da-da, etc.


You have so much fun with your sister and you're so good to go along with all of her plans - from sitting in a manger to playing princesses or having tea parties.  You're always a great participant.  :)



We love you, Hazel Mae!  Thanks for bringing so much sweetness into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment