Monday, January 12, 2015

Hannah Shenanigans

This kid.  She seriously cracks me up and keeps me on my toes.  Every day she is learning so many new things that it really is hard for me to keep up with her.  Here are a few of her recent shenanigans.

A couple of weeks ago, we got rid of Hannah's binkies.  I never thought I'd ever let any of my kids have a binky after they turned one, but Hannah could not sleep without it and parenting is basically doing all the things you said you'd never do.  Any way, since disposing of the binkies, Hannah has been a pill when it comes to bed time.  She comes up with every excuse in the book not to go to bed.  "I'm too hungry."  "I'm too sick."  "I need to go to potty."  "I'm too cold."  "I need you to snuggle with me for a minute."  A lot of times her excuse statements are contradictory - i.e. "I can't go to sweep because I'm too hungry and cold and full."

Hannah loves Disney princesses.  Ariel and Cinderella are her favorites right now.  She goes around the house singing "Aaaaahhh, aaaahhhh!" like Ariel or she waves her pretend wand around shouting "bibbity bobbity boo!"  She even pretends that her shirt is long hair like Ariel's.


Lately, Hannah has really been into telling on people, and I don't mean just kids.  A lot of times she tells on me or Aaron to the other.  Yesterday she told me that Daddy pushed her (which was completely untrue, of course) and told me he needed to go to time out for five minutes (which is funny because I never attach a time limit to time out).  We're trying to work with her on telling the truth, but I'm not quite sure how to get her to do it.

Her prayers are so sincere and I love the insight they give me into her little mind.  The whole month of December, her prayers consisted of "Thank you for presents and Santa and Grandma and Grandpa and Minnie Mouse and Grey and Tanner and Kate and Emma."

Hannah got a wiggle car for Christmas from her Grandma and Grandpa Bytheway, but she insists on calling it her "bike."  She wants to ride it all the time, especially when we go out to the playground in our apartment complex or to go get the mail.  She does NOT want anyone to ride it with her or help her.



Yesterday, Hannah bit a piece of bread into a triangular-ish shape and said, "It's a Christmas tree!"  I thought it was pretty clever.

She mimics almost everything I do.  Sometimes this makes me feel like an awesome parent, like when she wakes me up saying, "Hi sweetie!  How ARE you?  Did you have a good sweep?"  Or when she offers to kiss my owies when I get hurt.  Other times, it's just an insight into the annoying things I do.  But, I do love how she tries to imitate me so meticulously.  The other day, I found her carrying one of her chairs into her room so she could feed her Rapunzel doll just like I feed Hazel baby food.  I even overheard her saying, "Just three more bites.  Come on, take a daddy bite!"


This morning, she came up to me and said, "Mom, come see my new findings!"  I don't know where she gets this stuff.

I sure love this crazy, curly haired little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment