Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dear Hannah

Dear Hannah,

In just a few days I will celebrate my first Mother's Day as a mom.  Thank you for making me a mother.  The past 10 months have been the most wonderful, teaching, exhausting, rewarding, challenging, happy months of my life.  Being your mom has brought me more joy than I could ever have imagined.

You have taught me so many things.  You have taught me to live more simply, to slow down.  You have taught me that happiness has little to do checking things off of a list and everything to do with enjoying the small moments of each day.  You have taught me how to sacrifice.  You have taught me that my worth does not lie in accomplishments or awards.  You have given me insight into how Heavenly Father must feel towards each of His children.

I love being your mother.  I love the big smile you give me when you first wake up.  I love the way you wrap your arm around mine when I hold you.  I love finding your little fingerprints everywhere. I love when you sneeze.  I love that you hold onto the back of my legs when I'm cooking.  I love your giggles and squeals.

I love you Hannah Jane and I always will.

Love, Mama




 





No comments:

Post a Comment