Monday, April 1, 2013

Our Easter Weekend

We had a lovely Easter weekend.  This was Hannah's first Easter and I loved doing all of our traditions with her this year.  We spent Saturday with my family and Sunday with Aaron's.  With only a few more weeks until our move, it was especially good to be with family this weekend.

On Saturday, we all got together at my parents' house for Easter festivities.  My mom and Hannah were matching.  Amanda and Hannah were also matching.  Coral is just a great color, isn't it?




We had an egg hunt in the backyard and it was fun to watch the little girls do their own thing.

Kate was definitely the champion egg hunter.








Emma was more interested in the car.














She was also the champion chocolate eater.





Hannah was a little preoccupied with keeping her feet off of the grass...





                   

 ....and her basket on her head.







We took a break and my dad put on the first barbecue of the season.  I wish I had taken some pictures but I was too busy stuffing my face, apparently.

After letting our food settle and Hannah took a little nappy, we searched for our Easter baskets using the clues left by the Easter Bunny.  Each year we find a printed paper clue that leads us to the next clue, etc. and eventually to our baskets.  This year we found them in the preschool room closet.

We topped it all off with delicious shakes made by Dave, of the chocolate or chocolate-oreo-peanut butter variety.  It was a very good day.

-

On Sunday, Aaron, Hannah, and I made Resurrection Rolls and read the story of the Resurrection in the scriptures.  I know Hannah was way too young to get anything out of it, but I have to start as I mean to go on.  Plus, it was fun for Aaron and me.

We got all gussied up in our Easter attire for church and even took a few pictures.  Church was wonderful, as always.

After church, we drove up to South Jordan and had a beautiful Easter dinner with Sid and Trish, Brooke and Scott, and Aaron's Grandma and Grandpa Bytheway.  We took some more fun pictures.  I wish we had gotten one of all of us.


It was a night of great conversation, laughing, and watching The Bible.  Unfortunately, it was cut a little short because Hannah refuses to sleep when she knows her fun grandparents and aunt are around.

Most of all, it was a wonderful day of remembering our Savior, His life, Atonement, and Resurrection.  I know that He lives.

Hope you had a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment